Lung Cleansing Benefits of Oregano
Upper respiratory problems may be caused by bacteria, viruses, allergies, asthma, and even inhalation of various pollutants. Symptoms of respiratory problems can include chest congestion, difficulty breathing and irritated nasal or throat passages. If you, or someone you’re close to, has experienced these symptoms, you know they can be very disruptive.
As we enter into a time when respiratory ailments are common, it’s important to know that organic oregano is a powerful tool to include in your lung health arsenal. Effective, reliable and safe- organic oregano is naturally rich in carvacrol, flavonoids, and terpenes; all of which are natural decongestants and histamine reducing agents.
Oregano as an Antihistamine and Anti-Inflammatory
When foreign agents, such as pollen, dust, mold, chemicals, fungus, and bacteria are invading the body, a chemical called histamine is released which produces reactions that are similar to allergic reactions – nasal congestion, increased mucous production, and sneezing. Histamine reducing herbs like oregano aid in counteracting histamine and reducing these reactions.
Oregano also contains rosmarinic acid. An article summarizing a study that examined the ability of Rosmarinic acid to inhibit allergic inflammation appeared in a 2004 edition of Clinical & Experimental Allergy. It was discovered that rosmarinic acid reduces fluid buildup and even swelling and inflammation during an allergy attack, making it a natural and effective histamine reducing compound. 
Oregano for Cough and Overall Health
Research examined by the ENT Department at the Israel Institute of Technology Medical Center found therapeutic potential for various aromatic herbs, including oregano. Oregano, as well as other herbs, have direct, positive benefits on the respiratory tract, coughing reflex and nasal passage airflow. 
Oregano also contains calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, potassium, vitamins A and C, and niacin. Although these components don’t directly impact upper respiratory problems, all of them are required by the systems within the body, including the immune system. Adequate vitamin and mineral intake is paramount for maintaining a healthy body that can fight off problems, such as upper respiratory issues, before they start. 
If you suffer from symptoms of respiratory ailments, or need to cleanse your lungs on a regular basis, try organic oregano or a lung cleansing.
-Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DABFM
- Sanbongi, C., Takano, H., Osakabe, N., Sasa, N., Natsume, M., Yanagisawa, R., Inoue, K.-i., Sadakane, K., Ichinose, T. and Yoshikawa, T. (2004), Rosmarinic acid in perilla extract inhibits allergic inflammation induced by mite allergen, in a mouse model. Clinical & Experimental Allergy, 34: 971–977. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2222.2004.01979.x
- Rakover Y, Ben-Arye E, Goldstein LH. The treatment of respiratory ailments with essential oils of some aromatic medicinal plants. PubMed PMID: 19039907.
- Skrovánková S, Mišurcová L, Machů L. Antioxidant activity and protecting health effects of common medicinal plants. PubMed PMID: 23034115.
- Eight foods that help fight allergies Allergies are indeed bothersome. But instead of reaching out...
- Six Health Benefits of Pets Pets require a commitment of time, money, and care,...
- Chronic inflammation juice inflammation is the body’s response to...
- Health benefits of goji berries Goji berries are known for...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.