Cumin sleep aid tea
Insomnia can be such a debilitating condition, because sleep is necessary to keep us alert, productive and for our overall well-being.
It is recommended to get 7-8 hours of good sleep per night for optimal health. Nature’s medicine can help you get some zzzs.
This soothing tea contains sleep-friendly ingredients like cumin seeds and raw honey.
They are a highly effective treatment for insomnia. In traditional medicine, cumin seeds were added to hot water as a tea or combined with a ripe banana and taken at bedtime to regulate blood sugar and promote sleep.
It can help you relax and sleep well at night. “The natural sugar found in honey raises our insulin slightly and allows tryptophan,the compound famous for making us sleepy after eating turkey at Thanksgiving, to enter our brains more easily, states Dr. Lindsey Duncan on the Dr. Oz show.
3 cups of water
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1 tsp of raw honey
1/2 a lemon, juiced
Bring water to boil with the cumin seeds in it.
let boil for 2 minutes
Let steep for 10 minutes
Add raw honey and lemon juice.
Make sure ingredients are organic
Drink 30 minutes before going to bed
As always: Check with your health practitioner before you change your diet and see if this is right for you. This drink is not meant to replace any treatment or drugs you are taking.
1. Duncan, Lindsey, ND, CN. “Honey’s Unknown Benefits.” The Dr. Oz Show. The Dr. Oz Show, 05 Dec. 2011. Web. 28 Nov. 2013.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome remedies Carpal tunnel syndrome is pain caused...
- The 5 Best and 5 Worst Foods For Sleep For many, the secret to getting...
- How to Eat for Better Sleep When you’re tossing and turning at night, dreaming about...
- Alternative Sleep Cycles: 7-10 Hours Are Not Needed The average person requires...
- Evening workouts don’t disturb sleep Couch potatoes...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.